Planning for an adventurous trip to Africa? Africa …..Mysterious, majestic, and a land full of natural splendors. And more mysterious are the African Mountains where man lives with wild animals in harmony. Found nowhere in the world, Mount Kilimanjaro Climbing and unveil the mountain mysteries. When we talk about the big one this is the greatest mystery. Just plan for your like Mount Kili, we dream of extremely excitement. But the hiking to the summit would make you feel that, it is something beyond your dream .The highest peak in Africa is achievable and a place away from the roars of the wilds where peace prevails. A perfect destination for an unforgettable relaxation.
8 interesting facts to learn about Mount Kilimanjaro Climbing .
- Kilimanjaro has three volcanic cones, Mawenzi, Shira and Kibo. Kibo, the highest peak, is dormant and could erupt again.
- The last major eruption had taken place 360,000 years ago.
- The oldest person ever to summit Mt. Kilimanjaro was 87-year-old Frenchman Valtee Daniel.
- According to scientists, the mountain’s snow caps are diminishing, may be completely ice-free within the next 20 years.
- South African Bernard Goosen twice scaled Mt. Kilimanjaro in a wheelchair.
- In 2009, five blind climbers, known collectively as “Team Kili,” summited the peak after a year’s worth of training.
- January-March and June-October are the best months for climbing.
- The mountain is home to 140 different types of mammal and 179 different bird species.
Marangu, Machame, Lemosho, Shira, Rongai, Northern Circuit and Umbwe are some of the established routes for Mount Kilimanjaro Climbing. Selecting a route is a tough choice as the route’s scenery, difficulty, foot traffic and its altitude acclimatization characteristics are some of the prime factors to be taken into account. Most people prefer the oldest and the most well established Marangu route, called “Coca-Cola” route as it is considered to be the easiest path to the summint and offers sleeping huts in dormitory style accommodations. Passing through 5 zones of vegetations is an awesome experience itself. Really an expedition can be only dreamt up by the braves.
Make your Mount Kilimanjaro Climbing an experience of a lifetime with us WILD ROOT SAFARI based in Arusha Tanzania. We organize safaris holidays trips to Tanzania and beyond with our dynamic professionals who a deep understand in the tourism and hospitality sector by sharing common values. We offer best affordable packages for nature lovers, wild beast viewers, mountain climbers and beach breakers. We are internationally fame in providing travel services and solutions. Just click us and you would get mesmerized with our world class service.